Wayland Academy is seeking a Store/Mailroom Associate responsible for providing excellent customer service to students and other store customers, and performing a significant role in the day-to-day functionality of the on-campus store. A person in this position is required to conduct all functions relating to billing, packaging, bookkeeping, and inventory management.
- Maintains a high-quality appearance of the store by restocking shelves, cleaning, and creating displays.
- Works with Business Department on pricing and sales.
- Manages student and employee charge accounts.
- Keeps accurate inventory records and performs year-end inventory count.
- Performs billing, procuring payment, and other checkout functions of the store.
- Secures and markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans.
- Orders merchandise for classroom requests and athletic requests.
- Processes all incoming and outgoing mail and packages efficiently and accurately.
- Monitors daily cash flow in cash drawer and quarter machine.
- Schedules buses for student transportation.
- Schedules usage of Wayland Academy’s vehicles.
- Coordinates day student locker assignments, student mailbox assignments, and linen handouts.
- Supervises students in the Day Student Lounge.
- Oversees laundry machines and vending machines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Planning, organizing, and good decision-making.
- Problem-solving and customer service.
- Must be team-oriented, self-motivated, and able to multi-task.
- An associate degree or a minimum of three years of experience in retail, marketing, or accounting.
- Knowledge of retail sales principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of mail processing is a plus.
- Ability to stand for up to 4.0 hours.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Organizational, verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Attention to detail is an asset.
Interested candidates should a submit letter of interest, resume, and application
to Kerry Wolfgram
by 4:00 p.m. on January 15.