Skip To Main Content

Facilities

Wayland Academy has exceptional facilities to accommodate the 17 interscholastic sports and Alternative Athletic Program we offer our students. The Academy has a storied athletic tradition and the facilities to match.

In addition to multiple playing and practice fields for soccer, football, and track, Wayland is home to a beautiful wood-raftered field house, originally built to host the NBA's Milwaukee Bucks summer training camp. The Field House is home to Big Red basketball and volleyball, and it also has a top-notch weight training and fitness area, along with a horizontal bouldering wall. 

Field House

Built in 1967, the Field House has three full-size basketball courts, a full state-of-the-art fitness center, a sports medicine suite, and a capacity of 600.

Softball Diamond

The softball diamond, on South Campus, is home to Wayland girls softball.
Softball Diamond from above

Sol Wolfe `34 Pool

Dedicated in 1997 and named in honor of Sol Wolfe `34, alumni and former faculty member (1952–1982). The 6-lane 75-meter pool is home to Wayland's boys and girls swim teams and is also used for recreation by our students.
Sol Wolfe `34 pool

George Cobb H`80 Soccer Field

Baseball Diamond

The baseball diamond is home to Wayland boys baseball and is also used by area little league teams.

Lindsay Gymnasium

Lindsay Gym, dedicated in 1947, is a multifunctional space used for theatrical performances, events, dances, assemblies, pep rallies, and recreation. Equipped with a stage, it is a great space for performances and Commencement. It is also used by regional and national summer athletic camps.

Tennis Courts

The tennis courts were completed when the Field House was built in 1967. The 12-court tennis complex is home to Wayland's boys and girls tennis teams and is used during the summer for tennis camps. Nick Bollettieri, a famous tennis player and later personal coach of Andre Agassi, once trained on the Wayland's tennis courts during a summer camp.
students playing tennis on South Campus
Tennis courts on South Campus

Brown Field

In 1924, Wayland celebrated its first Homecoming on their new football field, and later that day, the Alumni Association President announced that the field would be named in honor of Principal E.P. Brown (who served the Academy from 1901–1934). Located on North Campus, Brown Field is home to Wayland football and is also used by students for recreation.