Every Wayland Academy alumni has a story and we want to hear all of them—from playing football on Brown Field, cramming for that final exam in Chemistry, to working through the clues to find the axe during the Axe Hunt. That is why we are embarking on a new oral history project called "In Your Words."
You will have the opportunity to share your story in your own words, for generations of Wayland students and alumni to enjoy. Your stories will be documented in a book that will preserve and celebrate the impact that Wayland has had on your lives. We're so excited to get started and hope you are too!
What stories will you tell?
- Did your love story begin at Wayland?
- Are you part of a Wayland family legacy?
- What are your fondest memories of life on campus?
- Do you remember a faculty or staff member who had a lasting impact on your life?
- Were you part of a sports team that won a championship?
- What activities were you involved in at Wayland?
- Did you make connections at Wayland that turned into lifelong friendships?
- Were you on campus during a historic moment in history for Wayland or the world?
- How did Wayland prepare you for your future?
- Why did you choose Wayland?
- What advice can you offer to future Wayland students?
Wayland Academy is partnering with PCI for the In Your Words oral history project. This partnership provides Wayland access to PCI's trained staff of real, live human beings who are excited to listen to your stories. PCI will also help collect and assemble the stories into the In Your Words—Wayland Academy Stories book that can be shared with all Wayland Academy alumni. Please note, we have only shared your contact information with PCI in conjunction with this project. We have NOT sold your contact information, or otherwise used it for outside marketing purposes
You will be receiving email and postcard communications (samples below) from the PCI team with instructions on how to participate. We'd like to invite you to share your stories with us and take part in this first of its kind project to honor the experiences and voices of our alumni, preserving the rich history of Wayland. The PCI team will collect stories through August 19, 2022. After that, they will enter a post-production phase editing the data. We hope to have the book ready to be distributed by April 2023.
We look forward to hearing from each and every one of you regarding your memories of Wayland Academy.