Congratulations to this week's (September 19) Ring-the-Bell Student-Athletes of the Week:
- Cross Country—Sam Porras `25: Sam is consistently an excellent runner and a strong finisher in meets. This week, he battled a cold and a tough course to medal at the Rebel Invitational at Rio High School.
- Rowing—CM Tambunting `23: CM switched sides (port to starboard) for the race in Jefferson. Becoming “ambisweptrous”—rowing both port and starboard—is a real challenge for a novice. Very happy about his ambition to be a true team leader!
- Soccer—Deshawn Wint `23: Deshawn stepped up his game and communication. He also stepped into a leadership role on the defense which helped us contain St. Lawrence in our first win of the season!
- Girls Tennis—The Varsity Squad and Dalia Olalla `24: The varsity team has been working hard all year and got their first win of the season vs. Columbus last week! That was followed by a great Saturday for Dalia `24, who won the entire singles bracket and was the JV conference champion this past weekend.
- Volleyball (Varsity, JV, JV2)—Alanna Schuett `23, Llyan Tabas `24, Nayhla Costa Silva `25: For demonstrating leadership by displaying a positive attitude and for using the time before and after practice to work on fundamental skills.
Keep ringing the bell—personally, athletically, and academically! 🎉
- Ring the Bell