Join us in celebrating these student-athletes who are ringing the bell personally, athletically, and academically. 🔔 Congratulations Big Red student-athletes! 🎉
- Cross Country—Griyan Hughland `26: Griyan continues to have an outstanding start to her season. She has PR’ed two weeks in a row and is over 4 minutes ahead of her times from last year. She is also a tireless worker in practice who never complains and always gives 100%. There are big things ahead for Griyan this season.
- Football—Ajani Christmas `24: Ajani Christmas is the Ring the Bell student-athlete of the week for football due to his can-do attitude! He is brand new to football and is giving everything he has to do what he has been coached to do and help the team. He is a great communicator and a leader on the field for the Big Red Football team. Way to Ring the Bell Ajani!
- Rowing—Niki Zils `25: Niki is being recognized for pulling sub 21 min for the first 5-kilometer erg race. Niki comes with sculling experience from Germany and is quickly learning to sweep row.
- Soccer—Harry Yeo `26: Harry Yeo has demonstrated quiet leadership at practice and a desire to take instruction and work for improvement. Harry played extensively in all the team's games last week, and he scored his first career varsity goal against traditional powerhouse Aquinas.
- Swimming—Rachana Sawyers `24: Rachana has been working very hard to improve her endurance, learn new strokes, and improve her technique for each stroke. Rachana always has a smile and cheers on her teammates every day at practice and at every swim meet, even if she did not participate in the meet.
- Tennis—Dalia Alcalá Olalla `24: This week's Ring the Bell Athlete is Dalia Alcalá Olalla. She has performed at a very high level this season. She is 3-1 as Singles 2 and swept 3-0 last Friday with Lu McGuiness as Doubles 1 at our first Wayland invitational Quad meet. Dalia is an inspiration to her teammates and Rings the Bell on and off the court. Way to Go!!
- JV2 Volleyball—Bevin Schessow `27: Bevin has been working hard at excelling at the basics of volleyball and has a killer serve! She encourages all her teammates to be better each and every day. She has a laser focus on volleyball as she attended strength and conditioning this summer and open gym to ensure that she had as many reps as possible for growing in the sport. We are proud of her dedication and focus and know that she will ring the bell in all she does! Way to go, Bevin!
- JV Volleyball—Biblianna Thomas `24: Biblianna is a leader on the court and has excellent concentration for ball delivery and tracking. She has the skills and the abilities to be a strong defense specialist and the arm power for serves that are on fire and hits that scare the defense. She is thriving as a leader and was named the captain of the week this last week. She is ringing the bell on and off the court! Way to go, Biblianna!!
- Varsity Volleyball—Montse Murillo `25: Montse is driven to be the best she can be at every practice, game, workout, and in the classroom. Her drive is contagious and seen by her fellow players and her coach. She has the power at the net to drive hits, tips, and blocks against her opponents and create confusion and dismay. She is a monster at the net, and we are extremely fortunate to have her leadership as part of the team. Way to Ring the Bell, Montse!
Keep ringing the bell! 🔔 🎉
- Ring the Bell