March 16, 2020 - In light of continually evolving news and health and safety recommendations regarding the global COVID-19 pandemic, we wanted to share the most current update from campus. Our priority remains the continued health, safety and well-being of our students, faculty, staff, and the broader community while providing a world-class educational experience.
- We are following the CDC recommendation not to host gatherings of 50 or more for the next eight weeks, which will result in the cancellation of on-campus events.
- As a result of the eight week timeframe, in person classes will not resume this quarter.
- If students are not yet home with their families from spring break, they should make plans to go home now. Students who have been staying with host families over the Spring Break must contact Mr. Tallman directly no later than Wednesday, March 18. Students/families experiencing difficulties with travel logistics should also contact Dean of Students/Athletic Director Phil Tallman, C.A.A. at 920-356-2120, ext. 234 or via email at email@example.com
- Instructions regarding distance learning, including details about necessary educational materials, will be sent via email to students on Tuesday, March 17 by Academic Dean Craig Hill H `06. Our faculty is working diligently to provide students with an exceptional online learning experience that will enable them to finish the school year while gaining technology and communication skills that will serve them well in college and future careers.
- We have confirmed that student I-20 Visas will remain valid as distance learning is considered a continuation of their Wayland education.
- We will begin making arrangements for students to get their personal belongings from the dorms. Please wait for further communication.
Thank you for continued patience during this unprecedented time. We'll continue to share updates and address questions as they arise. Should you have additional questions, please contact me at 920-356-2120, ext. 240 or at firstname.lastname@example.org