Facts and Features
Wayland Academy is more than just a boarding school - it's outstanding preparation for college and life beyond the classroom. Wayland students are active, creative, independent, and diverse, with students from just down the street and around the world.
- Beaver Dam, Wisconsin is a pleasant, safe community of 16,000 people, 45 miles NE of Madison, 60 miles Northwest of Milwaukee, and 160 miles Northwest of Chicago.
- Campus is within walking distance of restaurants, shops, parks, and movies.
- Tree-lined, 55-acre campus.
- Coeducational, boarding and day school.
- Grades 9-12.
- 80% of faculty and 75% of students live on campus.
- Midwestern roots. Friendly, hard-working, family-like community.
- Transformational college-prep academic and residential life experience.
- Founded in 1855.
- The four pillars of Wayland Hall represent Scholarship, Faith, Health, and Service.
- Average class size is 13.
- Approx. 190 students from across the US and 32 countries around the world.
- Dedicated to college-prep education and sound character development.
- Most faculty live on campus and have a masters degree or higher.
- A cross-curricular emphasis on strong writing and college preparation.
Accreditation and Memberships
- Accredited by the Independent School Association of the Central States (ISACS) and the North Central Association (NCA)
- Member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS).
- Member, Cum Laude Society since 1910.
- Honors courses and 16 AP subjects.
- Member, Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association (WIAA), with 9 sports for boys and 10 for girls.
- Clubs and activities include Ecology, Art, Theater, Model UN, Pep Band, Almost Famous a cappella group, and many more!
Recent College Acceptances
(Italics indicate schools where Wayland students are currently enrolled)
U. of California-Berkeley
U. of California-Los Angeles
U. of California-San Diego
Carnegie Mellon University
Case Western Reserve University
Colorado School of Mines
U. of Denver
Franklin & Marshall College
Georgia Institute of Technology
U. of Illinois
U. of Iowa
Lewis and Clark College
U. of Miami
U. of Michigan
U. of Minnesota
Mount Holyoke College
New York University
Ohio State University
Pennsylvania State University
U. of Puget Sound
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
U. of Richmond
St. Lawrence University
St. Olaf College
U. of Southern California
Texas A&M University
U.S. Military Academy
U.S. Naval Academy
U. of Washington
Wheaton College (MA)
U. of Wisconsin-Madison