Wayland Academy is a great place to work. Just as we prepare our students for the rigors of higher education and the life that follows, so too does the Academy encourage our employees to grow personally and professionally within our friendly campus community.
Open Positions at Wayland Academy
Assistant Girls Basketball Coach
Wayland Academy is currently accepting applications for an Assistant Girls Basketball Coach for the upcoming 2016-17 season. A successful candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate or will possess:
- Coaching experience in a basketball program that has demonstrated success for its student-athletes.
- A coaching and learning philosophy that includes thoughts on the mission of the school and on the role of athletics within the school’s mission.
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- The desire to work cooperatively with the entire athletic staff in building a high-achieving athletic program.
- The ability to effectively plan and organize scheduling within the program in cooperation with the Head Coach and the Director of Athletics and Student Activities.
- The ability to work diligently with the coaching staff to assist all student-athletes within the basketball program to maximize their academic as well as athletic potential.
The deadline to apply is October 24, 2016.
Pay: $1,500 for the season
The dates of employment are Nov. 2 – Mar. 3.